PRC Application Requirements
You must have a high school diploma or GED.
The training will provide you with in-depth knowledge and skills. However, in general the PRC role involves the ability to:
- Model effective coping and self-help techniques
- Work with individuals from diverse socio economic and cultural backgrounds
- Attend workplace meetings and complete agency requirements
- Assist people with finding community and natural supports and teaching them how to utilize these services
- Advocate for someone’s needs and accompany them to meetings as needed
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team focusing on each person’s choices for recovery
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Adhere to confidentiality and understand protected health information
- Maintain records and provide accurate documentation
- Use computers ( i.e. Basic computer skills-email, web searches, word processing)
- Maintain n a part-time or full-time work schedule
- Share your own personal story of living in recovery.
You must be 18 years of age to take Recovery Peer Coaching training.
- To apply, click the above link titled, “RPC Training Application”.